4. I finished counting my fabric, save for a few pieces on the in-progress shelf.
5. One thousand two hundred (1200+) yards.
6. And then some.
7. Don't judge.
8. A lot of it was retail therapy.
9. So that counts as a plus, right?
10. I have no regrets, though I do have moments of WTF.
11. It's all good. 12. Progress is slow on the jacket due to work and fatigue. 13. I just cut out the lining today. 14. I am still pressing on with my starting from scratch wardrobe plan. 15. But I want to sew dresses and summer stuff. 16. I have a wedding to go to in two weeks. I have nothing to wear. Oops. 17. I made four desk lamps at the pottery studio. 18. Two of them are going to be really, really tiny though. 19. Shrinkage. 20. I saw the chunkiest robin today. 21. Spring is my favorite season. 22. Big decisions to make real soon. 23. I'm nervously calm. 24. That doesn't make sense. 25. I'm going to try Instagram. 26. I still need a new computer. Hah. Going on two years now. 27. Flying is still remarkably safe. I don't mean to be insensitive; I love someone with mental illness. 28. Scandal has crossed into the "this is stupid" zone for me. 29. Anxiously awaiting bike season. 30. Just wanted to round out the list at 30. =)
I'm working on view D (model in upper left corner) with the zippered welts above the bust.
Yeah, you know where this is going.
In theory it's a cute accent, in practice...um no. Big no.
All I see is expression-less robot. Kinda like this guy:
Seriously. This is what came to mind and I cannot un-see it.
I know better not to put bells and whistles near the twins. Buuuuuuut, I thought I'd try this thinking that possibly maybe perhaps it might not be so bad. Yeah, no.
The welts are interfaced, folded, and topstitched onto to the jacket front. There is no amount of pressing that will make this lie completely flat. Even if I topstitched the sides onto the jacket, the welts will stick out in an unflattering way. Honestly, I don't see how this will look good on any jacket.
Soooo...it's off with the welts. I'll give the patch pockets a try and see how it looks. ***
A HUGE thanks to everyone who left feedback about the cardi. I'm still learning what styles are right for me and I am glad to have some honest (for or against) opinions. Thank you!! Peace! L