29 May 2008

The Merry Month of May - Gray Clouds with Sterling Silver Linings

Well, we are nearing the end of May 2008 and boy what a month it was! This month has presented remarkable challenges in every sense of the word.

7 May: A relative bursts a pipe (with unusual force which probably needs more explanation) in the main bathroom, causing water to flow in the bathroom and down into my sewing room.

9 May: My dog undergoes an emergency spay because her uterus was infected (pyometra). This procedure cost over $1000 - an amount that I ended up charging on a credit card that I *JUST* paid off on 2 May.

14 May: Got the damn dreaded 'friend speech' from I guy I used to dig.

21 May: Sick. Sick. Sick. I forged a new bond with my toilet!

25 May: I tried to explain to other family members the severity of a mentally ill relative that lives with me - only to be told that they basically do not see any problem and hence do not believe me.

28 May: On the way to the hardware store to get supplies to fix above mentioned busted pipe, the clutch cable on my car broke - rendering my car temporarily useless. As I sat in the middle of the road, angry drivers speeding around me, I could not help but be calm. After all that has happened this month, I do not think I had any more anger or frustration left. I actually had a really nice conversation with the tow truck driver.

Yeah, so May was a pretty crappy month. But it DEFINITELY could have been worse:

o The water from the busted pipe could have fallen on my computerized sewing machine.

o My dog, who has been (and continues to be) a most loyal companion and wonderful friend, could have died.

o The guy, a complete jackass, and I are still friends.

o I could have been sick for more than one day.

o People who do not understand what you are going through can only do so if they experience the trial themselves. No love lost here. They just don't know.

o I could have been stranded 30 miles from my house instead of 7. It could have been raining, freezing cold, and in the middle of the night.

The stress was hard to deal with at times, but in the end I can truly say that
EVERYTHING IS J U S T F I N E!

lYnNeLlE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...