Anyway, the plan is to create four garments: two bottoms and two tops.
The first top is Kwik Sew 2694 View B. I made this top last summer, but the fit was not great. It was my first time working with a knit and the top was entirely too big. Since then, I have learned a great deal through trial and error and a class. I plan to construct the top out of this really nice onion skin.
For the hem finishes, I think a rolled edge maybe with some gold metallic thread will look really nice.
The second top is Christine Jonson 426. I made this top a couple of months ago as part of a class.
I used a medium dense cotton interlock and cut a size large. The top fits great, but is a little dippy in the front. I don't mind it so much, though this is not something I can wear to work. For the wardrobe, I want to make the same top again using this criss-cross knit jersey. This time I will cut a medium since this material has considerably more stretch than the cotton interlock.
The first bottom will be made from a pseudo tried-n-true pattern, Simplicity 5259 View F. I say it is pseudo TNT because a recent muslin fitting showed me that it does not fit like it used to! I made a couple of versions of this skirt before (about 3-4 years ago), starting with a size 18. When I sewed it up, the 18 ended up being way too large. Taking a larger seam allowance was the easy remedy. I made a quick muslin just to check the fit and whoa! The 18 is almost tight! When the hell did that happen?! Ugh. More on re-fitting this puppy in a later post... I plan to make View F out of a dark tan stretch twill. Hopefully the stretch of the fabric will give me some relief!
Finally for the second bottom I will use a TNT pants pattern, Vogue 8157 View B. I made three pairs of these pants so far and am pretty comfortable with the construction. The fabric I want to use doesn't appear to have quite the same stretch as the previous pairs. So, I think the fit will definitely be different. I will use a striped stretch twill:
Based on the current pattern layout, it appears as if I will have enough of this fabric to squeeze out another pencil skirt. So if I have time, I will make another version of S5259 but view D instead. I do not know how the split will look with the stripes.
I am really excited about these four garments. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to get these done. Also, I have found some wonderful sewing buddies, Melody and Elnora. Sewing with them has been so rewarding and productive. Thanks ladies! RSH =)
Ok. It's time for me to make some progress on these garments. I am going to finish up a project I started a couple of weeks ago, NL 6729. I started this because I was getting frustrated with fitting M5471 and I needed to feel some success. =) I traced new pattern pieces for M 5471 and performed a full bust adjustment. I already cut the pieces out of muslin and need to sew it up.
Until next time...L8A!