The SWAP is coming along quite...slowly. =) I made several changes to the storyboard because I realized that my struggle with fitting woven blouses was going to seriously hinder my progress. Though I haven't given up on KS 3620, I have replaced a couple of the other blouses with knit tops. I also decided to change some of the bottoms because of fabric limitations. I want to shop my stash as much as possible. So, here are the new plans:
I made version A out of polyester-blend knit purchased from Field's Fabrics in Portage, MI. Originally, I was going to make Simplicity 3790, but the fabric is somewhat heavy and would probably not drape well with that style. The fabric actually has some gray flecks that I did not notice until I actually started sewing it. The flecks are not that noticeable from a distance, so I think the top will still go with everything else in the capsule.
The fit of the top could be better. The pattern calls for 1/4" seam allowances, but instead I used 1/2" seam allowances on the sides. I did this because I thought the top would be too big. I was wrong. It's definitely not too big. It's wearable but a bit more snug than I prefer.
I added a couple of inches to the sleeve for length and bound the neckline with self fabric.
Other tops/blouses include:
- Simplicity 4076 (knit crossover top with waist gathers)
- Burda 7892 (knit top with diagonal-seam bodice front)
- New Look 6432 OOP (knit poncho)
- McCall's 5522 (woven blouse with under bust gathers and seamed lower front/back)
- Kwik Sew 3620 (woven blouse with ties and self collar)
For the bottoms, I plan to make:
- McCall's 3935 (full-legged pants)
- Burda 8280 (flared skirt)
- Vogue 8157 (TNT pants pattern)
- New Look 6300 (TNT skirt pattern)
For the jacket, I still intend to make Simplicity 2766.
I will be on break next week, so hopefully I will be able to get a lot of sewing done.
Until next time,