23 January 2010

Small Capsule Plans

One of my sewing intentions for this year is to sew coordinating wardrobes of 3 - 4 garments. I have found that I tend to lose interest in large wardrobes or focused sew-alongs after a while. Though I am committed to finishing what I started, my interest wanes so much so that my enjoyment is not as big as it was in the beginning. Plus, I ran into a habit of making single items that did not really coordinate well with anything else in my closet. So, I've decided to focus on sewing a small number of garments that match in a set. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a nice working wardrobe while keeping my interest in sewing the items high.

Here's my first capsule of the year:


Starting on the top row, I have:
  1. grey, red, cream ITY knit from Fashionista Fabrics (simple short sleeved top, NL 6735)
  2. red wool blend woven (vest, S2556)
  3. grey, white red pinstripe polyester blend stretch suiting (pants, S2860; about 50% done)
  4. cream slinky knit (short sleeved top or tank top, Jalie 965
  5. red, cream, grey acrylic knit (cardigan, S2560)
  6. not pictured - grey polyester-wool blend (pants, S2860; finished)
We have exams coming up in a couple of weeks, plus I'm starting a new semester in ceramics class on Saturday. Though I cannot devote a whole day to sewing like I did last semester, I am finding some time to do little things. Yesterday, I made the belt loops for the second version of S2860. Today, I'll read over the instructions for the vest and cardigan.

Be well everyone!

L~

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! Lately I've had so much success with making a couple of coordinating outfits, instead of trying to make a "collection". Love the colors in your first capsule, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a wonderful idea for your wardrobe capsules. I don't think I have what it takes for a 12 piece capsule - don't think I'd make it to the end. But a 3 or 4 piece wardrobe - now I could do that. I had said that I had planned to do 3 more pair of pants for the sew-a-long in January but I am running out of month. I do have a pair cut out from last weekend that I should be able to complete by next weekend. So we will see. I think you've done a great job with your pants fitting. Thanks for doing the sew-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I've made way too many orphans and need to do the sewing capsule thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...