My sewjo is back. It figures. My sewjo shows up when it's time for me to return to work. Anyway...
I started working on my Simplicity vest. The muslin looked great with the exception of a little gaping on the upper back piece. To remedy this, I shortened the piece 5/8" and added back about 1/2" at the bottom of the piece. I figured I needed the length, but not in the upper back area.
Unfortunately, I don't know if this was the right thing to do. Upon attaching the front and back at the shoulder, I noticed that the shoulder seam sits back further than it should. I suppose I could take a smaller seam allowance on the shoulder, but judging by how far off this appears, I don't know if the smaller SA will be enough.
In any event, the construction is coming along quite well. All I have to do is complete and attach the lining.
Pictures are forthcoming...