23 March 2010

Sewing Stalled

I seem to be writing about what I am not sewing than what I am sewing. I've run into yet another stump - this time work and life related. I have done work at home every day of the week - except Saturday. I absolutely refused. I had a long list of things to do and I intentionally set Saturday as a day to do n'er one thing work related. And I didn't. I went to my ceramics class, came home and slept.

The life drama is (and has been for a while) quite a time, energy, and emotions hog. Today, I thought I was going to make a bit of headway. Nope. Gotta wait until the end of next month. Sigh. So, on goes the anxiety. At least school will be over by then.

As for sewing? I have lots of ideas and am excited about upcoming projects. I stopped working on the vest. It looks good, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I really loved how it looked and fit before I put on the facing. But afterward? Meh.

I read on Susan's (knittersdelight) blog that she, too, has projects that she sets aside. I used to feel really guilty about having UFOs. You know...all the time, energy, and materials invested in a project that goes nowhere. But now I realize that working on a project that yielded no inspiration oftentimes sunk my sew-jo. So, why not put it aside and start something else? So, that's what I did.

I cut and altered a blouse pattern (M6035). The front actually looks really good, sans sleeves. I've pinned in one sleeve and when I get a moment (like Sunday or something), I'll actually sew it in.

Wow, this post was all over the place. =)

Have a great day everyone!

L~

3 comments:

  1. Sewing is supposed to be fun! As far as M6035...take heed. Did you see my review of it? Mine looked great in the pattern fitting stage...not so much in the sewing stage. I did manage to make it work but beware :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know that sewing sometimes get stalled and clearly understand. So don't fret, I enjoy reading about what you are not sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynnelle, I'm elated that you are joining the spring month of tops sew-a-long. I know I had your email address but cannot find it. Please post it in comments on my main blog, or email me at fayedoll@cox.net.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...