13 April 2010

Slow Motion Sewing

I joined the Month of Tops sew-along with high hopes of...um...sewing along. Unfortunately, I am not feeling tops at the moment and have made mediocre progress on the one top that I started. The muslin for M6035 actually looked pretty good...until I put in the sleeves. Sigh. So, I will sit this aside as well. I am taking Sarah Veblen's set-in sleeves class on Pattern Review. In it we will discuss bodice and sleeve fitting challenges. I am optimistic about the class and hope to finally tackle my fit issues with woven blouses.

As such, I have come to the conclusion that sewing what I want at the moment is what keeps me going. If a project has me stalled, I am completely okay with setting it aside in favour of something else.

That said, what's do I have in queue in the meantime? Dresses! I have this thing for dresses now and I have Susan , Sheila, and Faye to thank! I love their dresses and now want some of my own. In the last few weeks, I've bought patterns and fabric for lots of spring dresses, both knit and woven.

Ooooo...the possibilities...

I like view C (the one in the middle). The fabric is a polyester silky charmeuse.
***
This is an OOP Butterick with princess seams and a sweetheart neckline.
The fabric is a cotton eyelet from Fashionista Fabrics.
***
I'd like to do the neckband in black. I'm not sure about the waistband.
This is a quilting fabric, 100% cotton.
***
This is also a cotton quilting fabric.
I'd like to do view A which has piping around the neckline and pockets.

Up first, though, is a denim wrapped dress using an OOP Vogue pattern, 7931.
I actually started this dress four years ago with the intent to wear it to a graduation ceremony. After I made the muslin, I got discouraged because it didn't fit, at all. Well, recently I found it stuffed in a box. Having lost a bit of weight, I find that it fits much better than it did before. I've made a small FBA and already cut out it out of denim. I hope to have it made by the end of next weekend. I'm working on view A, the sleeveless version.

That's it for now. I hope everyone is doing well!

L~








1 comment:

  1. I'm finishing up the McCalls wrap dress today. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...