20 December 2010

If You Can't Beat 'Em... & Quick Update

Long time, no post. I have lots to update since my last visit. The end of the semester is always hectic and when coupled with lots of other issues, blogging and sewing unfortunately take a back seat. Many thanks to Faye for checking up on me. I am genuinely touched by your concern. *hugs* Now that I am on break (hallelujah!), hopefully I can post more often.

I did make some progress on the sequin top. The last time I worked on this top, I was having problems getting the strand of sequins to lie in a straight line. While shopping at what may be my last trip to JoAnn's (grr...that's whole 'nother issue...), I found some sequin trim that intentionally incorporates the wiggles. So, instead of



I have


I like this look much better than the last. I have more sequin trim to adorn other garments. A couple of months ago, I made another DKNY cardi-wrap using Simplicity 2603. I plan to knock-off her idea by adding sequined trim along the hemline. If all goes well, I will have one that looks like the gray version.



Coming up next on Project YS, G!, I made jeans! Woot! My first pair fit wonderfully, but have many errors - some of which that became painfully obvious after the first wash. I am currently working on my second pair which are much better constructed. I hope to post pictures soon. I also intend to do a small year-end review of my 2010 sewing adventure.

I hope everyone has been well. Enjoy!

L~





2 comments:

  1. Nice. I like it. Looks much better. Very classy.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the new sequin trim too. Rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...