28 February 2011

Developing a Bodice Sloper: Final Days & Verdict

It's over.

After eight weeks (seven if you count the one I missed), I am not sure that I am any closer to a good fitting bodice sloper than I was in the beginning. Admittedly, part of the reason for this is my severe drop in motivation right around the fifth week. I began to have doubts about the fit, pattern, and overall adjustments made and hence failed to put forth any more effort.

I learned a lot about flat-pattern measuring and alternative ways to make pattern adjustments. This information is certainly valuable and has been quite useful already. The instructor was really nice and patient. With all that's going on around me, I had to make a choice about what battles to fight. This was not one of them. I humbly waived my white muslin flag in surrender.

So the hunt for a bodice sloper is still on. I would like to try Kenneth King's Moulage method next. Having taken a class from him in the past and reading successes from those who have tried his method, I am excited about it. I will likely return to developing a bodice sloper sometime during Summer. As of now, I plan to work on the mini wardrobe contest on PR and sewing some garments for major fun coming up this Spring.

I have woven shirts and jackets in queue for sewing. I have resolved to be one with the fit and just make it work. The garments may not fit perfectly, but I won't be naked. =)

I'll post my tentative wardrobe plan soon.

L

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the class didn't work out as well as you hoped. My personal standards on fit are still quite low: "Can I button it over my bust better than a retail top?" LOL

    May the Force be with you on your quest (and good luck and have fun with the mini-wardrobe contest!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I humbly waived my white muslin flag in surrender." --now that is a hoot!!!

    Sorry it didn't work out but, onward and upward!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also interested into Kenneth's technique. Let us know how it goes.

    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...