29 May 2011

13.5 Yads & Counting...

I've been quite productive in the sewing room this month. Given that my sewjo was hiding out in the garage all winter, I'm quite pleased to announce that I sewed 13.5 yards of fabric so far this month! For the sewaholic, this feat might seem minimal at best. For me, it's a big deal. You see, my sewjo regularly takes vacations without me and it's oftentimes hard to get it back.This month, however, my sewjo has been on fi-ya!

So far, I made:
  • five activewear tops (6 yards)
  • hoodie (2 yards)
  • yoga pants (1.5 yards)
  • jeans (2 yards)
  • stretch woven top (2 yards)
Thanks to encouragement from Faye, I also finally finished Vogue 1036. I put the jacket on with a pair of jeans and really like it now. I've decided not to add snaps because (a) I don't have any, and (b) it is time to be over with this jacket! It's been hanging around my sewing room since late March and I have to move on. There's no more room in Area 51.

I'm halfway through completing the Beignet skirt from Colette Patterns. The outer shell is done; I have to assemble the lining, attach the facings, and work buttonholes. If I work hard enough, I can get this done before the end of the month and add the yardage to my totals.

What I really need is pictures. I've been getting by with self photos in the mirror, but the lighting isn't all that great. I have a camera and tripod, but I can never seem to get the right angle or height.

How do you take photos of yourself in your sewn garments?

L

1 comment:

  1. WHAT PRODUCTION!!! And it's good to know that I inspired someone to do something positive. I'm always worried that I suffer from a bad case of butt-in-skee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...