01 May 2011

Good Intentions & Update

March Intentions

I had good intentions. Really, I did. But I should know by now that I cannot actively participate in any timed sewing challenge - especially if timing is short and during exams. Despite not entering any garments in the contest, I did manage to complete a tank top and cardigan and nearly complete the vogue jacket (1036) and a skirt.

The jacket just needs the sleeve facings and snaps on the front. That's it. It's so simple to complete this garment, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Part of the reason is because I'm not too thrilled of how it looks on me. When I made the mock-up, I liked it a lot. But now, having sewed it, I'm not so sure I like it. My friends Melody, Stephanie, and Therisa think it looks okay.



April Intentions

At the end of April, Faye started a 15-day all-tops sewing challenge. The idea was to sew as many tops as possible from 1 Apr to 15 Apr. The challenge was then followed by a 15-day all-bottoms sewing change to run from 16 Apr to 30 Apr. Again with the intentions... I thought this would be a great way to sew up some quick tops for spring. I began good by starting two tops: Burda 7866 and Jalie 965. I really like the Burda pattern, however the fabric I used is a little too festive for me. I don't even know why I bought it.



I'm so close to finishing this too. See the neckline facing? All I need to do is stitch it down and then do the hems. Sigh. I have to admit that when I am not feeling a garment, it does not get done. Sadly, this line of thinking has created my local version of Area 51:


Yes, you are looking at a closet full of UFOs. This picture was taken a couple of years ago and more aliens have landed since then. =/


What's next?


Jeans...
After finding my sew-jo hiding out in the garage, I dragged it into the sewing room a few days ago and began work on my third pair of jeans. So far, the garment is coming along nicely - if you don't count putting in the zipper BACKWARDS and subsequently wasting more than an hour trying to turn the tab around and picking out a shitload of stitches. I managed to fix the waistband issue I had on the last two pair (details forthcoming), but I have to cut a new pair of waistbands because the center front isn't long enough. Where's the "eyeroll" emoticon when you need it?

Long-sleeved knit tops...
I know it's spring somewhere, but I need long-sleeved knit tops. Whatareyagonnado?

Spring/Summer sewing...
I have some events coming up and I want to wear nice new clothes! I have a focus with specific patterns and fabric and I'm excited to begin working on them. More on this later.

Well, it's actually not raining outside (gasp!), so I think I'll go for a walk.


L8r!





1 comment:

  1. It's quit o.k. if you didn't finish the tops/bottoms challenge, there will be other challenges that you will be ready for. I have one for dresses planned for June so be on the lookout. Why not finish the top and gift it? Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...