You see, this is why I shouldn't get all excited about a new project. I had this grand plan in mind for a second version of M5847. I made changes to the pattern, got all the supplies ready, cut out the pieces, and started sewing it yesterday.
Today I decided to fuse all of the interfacing now so that the pieces are ready when I need them. I'm fusing away while listening to Mary J. Blige; then it hit me. Where the hell are the front facing pieces? I have interfacing for it, but where are the pi--? Oh for the love of...you gotta be kidding me! M&#*%&F^!$@! Yeah, I never cut the facing pieces. I had enough fabric - before I cut out the pockets and bias strips. Now, all I have left is scraps and disappointment. I went through every piece of denim I had and nothing comes close. I don't even remember where I got this piece from, so finding a match is not an option.
I do have an idea, but I don't know if this will work. I found some lightweight cotton broadcloth in the stash. From the scraps, I can cut the top part of the facing and cut the bottom part of the facing out of the broadcloth. This way, I can still have the same denim fabric for the collar. The problem is, I need to make sure that the weight of the lower part of the facing is close to that of the fabric, or else the dress won't hang properly. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
I have no idea what I was thinking when I cut out these pieces. I do remember being in a rush to do something. Let this be a lesson in knowing when to slow down and be present!