I hand-sewed the last button yesterday. I know there's a way to do this by machine, but I couldn't figure it out. After sticking myself with the needle a few times and even drawing blood with a staple (don't ask), the dress is finally done. I wore it to my friend's daughter's graduation party today. I received really nice compliments and had a great time.
I have two more dresses in queue. I will sew a second version of M5847, though I'm keeping the details under wraps. Why I'm being all 007 about it I don't know. Though, I will say that there is A LOT of topstitching involved.
I also started working on McCall's 6279. When I measured the pattern pieces, I was surprised to see that a straight size 16 required little to no adjustments. I shifted the bust fullness down two inches and made a quick muslin. So far, I am pleased with the results. I'll make the dress out of a linen & rayon blend. The colour is dark orange-rust and the buttons are two shades of light and medium brown.
If I work hard enough, I should be able to finish both dresses before the end of the month.
Until next time, be well!