13 June 2011

So Close...

Don't you just hate it when you are so close to finishing a project and the last thing needed for it to be complete causes problems?! I am at that stage with my dress and its buttonholes. First, I think the top buttonhole is too high, which subsequently throws off the placement of the other buttonholes.



Second, my sewing machine just decided to not stitch the second buttonhole properly - even after I did three tests on scrap fabric. The machine would sew up one side and then stop and stitch in place. I picked out this half-buttonhole twice already and have weakened the fabric in this area. Grr. Finally, I am running out of thread and still have five more buttonholes to make! Of course, this means another trip back to the store for one measly spool of thread.

I am soooooooo close!



L

1 comment:

  1. You're almost there! Your top stitching is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...