02 September 2011

I Know the Way to San Jose (photo heavy)

Last Thursday, I ventured out to visit my dear friend in San Jose, Costa Rica. Words are simply incapable of describing the wonderful time I had experiencing the sights, sounds, and tropical smells of Costa Rica with my friend. Having never been to the tropics before, this trip was pure delight! Many thanks to Nelly and Ago for their generosity, kindness, and hospitality. Love to you!!




This picture was taken while flying over Cuba. I *heart* window seats.


This is a walking tree.
The roots originate on the branches and extend down to the ground.
Over time, the tree's position is altered by "walking."


The plant life is divine.
This is just one of the MANY pictures of plants that I took.


Main crater at the Poas Volcano (Volcan Poas)
The crater is still active as evidenced by the sulfuric acid mixed lagoon (light teal blue) and steam.


Ago, Nelly, and me
The day was picture perfect and very clear!


One of the many meters of paths we walked on the volcano.
The air was pure, cool, and damp. Simply perfect.


Inactive crater at Poas Volcano
Since the magma chamber is empty/inactive, water has filled the crater.


I know I'm short and all, but this was huge plant!


Yes, that is a live toucan giving me the stink eye while sitting on my arm.


Awwwwww...kissing toucans.


Nelly at the butterfly garden.


Feeding a hummingbird in the garden.


Cataracts at the La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
Three waterfalls are apart of the gardens.
The first waterfall feeds the second, and the second feeds the third.
Sensory. Overload.


Nelly and me at the volcano thermal spa.
The pool in which we sat contained volcano water with lots of minerals.
Skin so silky smooooooth.


Gotta keep it real!


Gilberto, our tour guide at the park. He was so sweet!


Blue-crowned mot mot
Look at the colours on this bird! This was taken on the patio of my friend's apartment.
The black beads are regurgitated bugs. The bird wanted papaya instead. I don't blame him.


New cathedral in Cartago, CR.
The church was reconstructed after the 2009 earthquake.
Out of respect for the church and those praying inside, I did not take any pictures.
Take my word, it was beautiful inside.


Ruins of the old church.
This is a partially constructed church. It's my understanding that the church wasn't completed because the Virgin Mary didn't like its location.


Parting shot of a volcano and mountains from the airplane.


You know I had to be true to myself. =)
All are stretch cottons except for the chartreuse.
This piece is for my friend, Nelly, who would like it made into a scarf.


Patrones!
Each issue was about $5.


Really cute purse made out of coconut.


The colòn is the national currency. About 500 colones is one US dollar.
This bill, 2000 colones, is about four dollars.

I have many, many more pictures. This is just a small collection that summarizes the trip. In all, I had a fabulous time and do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Until next time, be well!

L


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great way to end the summer! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
    By the way, I recognized your blue/white Colton purchase... I bought mine at Haberman's last year. Isn't that funny? Here's what I made out of mine:
    http://kbdesigns74.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-rtw-copycat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip! Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...