27 November 2011

2012 SWAP Intentions

A few days ago I mentioned that I was participating in the 2012 SWAP on Stitcher's Guild.  After perusing my pattern and magazine stash, I've finally settled on seven garments that I'd like to sew for the contest.
 


Button-down shirt with collar:  Vogue 1260 (x2)

During the American Sewing Expo, I had an opportunity to meet Sandra Betzina and try on the actual view B (the red & black one) featured on the pattern envelope.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the shirt (in size D) fit very well.  Although it was a little snug across the bust, cutting the next size up on only the front should fix that.

Fabric:  teal striped cotton shirting; yellow stretch cotton poplin



Vest:  New Look 6914

When I received this brochure from Clarks in the mail, I couldn't help but focus on her outfit.  It's simple, chic, and not too country.  On the inside is a closer shot of the vest.  The vest has front pockets with the welt cut on the bias.  Too cute!  I have a wool houndstooth very close to the one in the picture and have some boots that I think will go nicely with the vest.  If I have the time, I might attempt to make a denim shirt as well.


Fabric:  brown/blue/green/cranberry wool small-scale houndstooth




Top:  McCall's 6078
I made this top over the summer and love it.  I need to adjust the front to minimize the pooling that appears.  I don't think I can eliminate it entirely,  It seems as if everyone who's made this top has this problem to some degree - whether they were full busted or not.

Fabric:  gold metallic knit





Jacket:  Jalie 2559
This pattern is complete in so many ways.  It's fully lined, has welt pockets, separate pieces for the back lining (with pleat), self-fabric sleeve heads, and fabulous instructions.  I've already made my first muslin and alterations to the pattern.  The fit is quite good and only needed a bit of tweaking on the side front panel.  I may or may not make a second muslin (gasp!).

Fabric:  rust coloured or brown wool flannel with cream Bemberg lining

Jeans:  Jalie 2908 (x2)

Two garments can be sewn before the contest's official start date (26 Dec).  I'm sewing my two pairs of jeans as part of the Jeans Sew Along.

Fabric:  very dark blue stretch denim; dark blue non-stretch denim










Trousers:  BWOF 11-2006-102 (x2)
I traced a size 40 and am very happy with the fit.  I compared the front and back crotch curves of the pattern to my sloper and found that not much alteration was needed.  I made two muslins and am confident in cutting out my fashion fabric.  I just have to figure out a way to make the waistband look nice and neat on the inside.  Hmm...

Fabric:  brown wool; gray wool



Skirts:  Colette Patterns 1005 & New Look 6897

These are two returning favourites.  I made them both this summer and loved wearing them. 

Fabric:  gray wool suiting (CP); brown or teal wool solid (NL)







I don't really have a colour palette.  I'm sort of making stuff up as I go along.  I'm really excited about this plan and think I can complete it.

L

2 comments:

  1. Great plan,go girl, can't wait to seeing your projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great line-up of patterns and look forward to your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...