For #5, I am using a super dark blue (maybe black?) stretch denim from the stash. This denim has more stretch than I prefer, so I am sewing with a larger seam allowance. Plus since I lost more weight, the pattern I'm using doesn't quite fit anymore. For #6, I am using a dark blue non-stretch denim, also from the stash. Since the denim doesn't have any stretch, I added extra to the seam allowance for fit. Bad idea! These jokers are ginormous! I will probably end up taking off an inch from the side seam to get these to fit.
I've lost twelve pounds since the end of August and it shows. I took my measurements over the weekend and saw that I lost two inches off my hips and waist. Losing off the waist is okay, the hips...ummm...I like my curves. I won't do anything drastic, though. I am happy to say that my lips, hips, and ass are cement free. Wow.
Of course this means I need to update several patterns to reflect my new size. I will re-trace the jeans pattern and try to make another pair during semester break. I will also have to re-trace my favourite skirt patterns and get cracking on making some new ones since the ones I made this summer no longer fit. My friend suggested that I take them apart and make them smaller. Um....thanks...but it would be much easier to just make another skirt. Anyone who's seen my basement knows that I am not short on fabric! Hopefully when school is over soon, I will have more time to focus on revamping and refitting some of my patterns.
Here are some photos of #s 5 & 6 in progress:
non stretch denim with gold topstitching
stretch denim with black topstitching and crystal design
Until next time, be well!