05 December 2011

Jeans #5: Finished!

dark colours are so hard to photo
loving the hem length!
 
After having encountered many crazy issues with this pair, they're now finally complete.  This is the pair that has the cute little crystal design on the back pocket.   It's hard to take a picture of the back and I didn't have time to set up the tripod as I was on my way out last night.

right back pocket
I adore how these jeans fit, even though the denim has at least 25% stretch. This is simply too much for me.  The fly area pulls apart something awful and the waistband is super stretchy - even with interfacing.  I have to wear these jeans with a shirt that is long enough to cover the zipper because it just doesn't look right at all.  It's a shame, too, because I am seriously digging the crystal design!  Were I a more assiduous sewer, I would pick all this shit apart and try the zipper again.  Since I did that four times already, round five is not happening.  Besides, life is too short.  Like my friend Deepika once said, "There will always be more fabric.  It is time we must preserve."  Yeah.  So.  Yeah.  Not happening.  =)

I almost finished with jeans #6.  I just need to work the button hole and sew the hem.  Photos coming soon.

L

7 comments:

  1. Great jeans! They fit great, and I love the back pocket design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome!! Fine work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the issues the outfit looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey 25% stretch! They look great though and don't we all have jeans/pants in our wardrobes we can only wear with long tops? I do for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...