13 February 2012

Jeans 7 & 8: Complete

 
I finished my eighth pair of jeans this weekend.  I'm all jeans-ed out for now, but I am sure I'll be making more in the near future.  The details for these two pair are the same as before - except that I sewed the equivalent of a size U since I lost some weight.  The waistbands on both pair are a bit more stretchy than I like, but they're wearable without a belt.

Notions (for each pair):
  • 2 yards of stretch denim (dark blue and very dark blue)
  • cotton fat quarter for pocket linings
  • YKK zippers
  • gold and cream topstitching thread



 dark blue with gold topstitching 

 very dark blue with cream topstitching

On the very dark blue pair, I opted not to include any design on the back pockets.  Last May, I made a black pair of jeans with the same non-design.  Those jeans are too big now, but since I liked the look I decided to recopy it here.  The jeans really are blue, despite how the picture looks.

Up next:  I've resumed work on my wool Jalie jacket.  Wouldn't you know I've already run into a problem??  The back neck facing is MUCH shorter than the back neck area on the lining.  I have no idea how that happened and have to think about it over the next few days.

As always, more later...  Until then, be well!

L

7 comments:

  1. Oh those are FAB jeans. I have never owned a pair of 'normal' jeans I could wear without a belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic jeans. You are the jeans queen. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These jeans look fantastic!

    I am still working up the nerve to try to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an awesome job and the jeans look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the Detail pictures of the outside and inside of the front - I'm about to tackle the fly & zipper. I've never done one before, so it really helps to have this pictures for understanding how it all goes together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...