17 March 2012

Do You Dress for the Season or Weather?

It's the middle of March in what is supposed to be the lower arctic north i.e., Michigan.  It is still winter for four more days, yet it is 75 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and has been above 60 for the last few days.  Already people are out in booty shorts, tank tops, and flip flops.  Um...okay.  The weather is nice, I agree.  But booty shorts?? It could still snow, ya know.  Michigan weather is like Jack Nicholson in The Shining: cray cray.  I would not be surprised if it is 78 degrees tomorrow (as forecast) and we get two feet of snow on Monday.  It's happened before.  But I digress...

So, do you dress for the season or for the weather?

L

9 comments:

  1. We are forced to give in and dress with the weather. Even though we have a couple of weeks of winter left - shoot temps are already in the mid 80's here. I think it going to be one hot summer for us! Wish we could have at least two months of spring, but we go from winter straight into summer. There will be no waiting until after Memorial Day to pull out the white pants this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress for the weather! Had to go to the mall today and buy the kids shorts, as they had outgrown last year's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dress for the weather. Unlike you I run on the hot side, especially when pregnant. Even today while cleaning out my car I was uncomfortable and too warm. Had to go buy Ceci shorts and short sleeve shirts today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weather is so confusing. I don't even have a clue what to wear to church tomorrow. Luckily I have tons of dresses and I'll make something work. The next issue is what to do for shoes. Decisions decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dress for the weather. But then again, I would never wear booty shorts, tank tops or flip-flops (other than to/from the shower at the gym), no matter what the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dress for the weather, but mainly location. My job is right next to water and when its 50 degrees where I live, near the job, its 10 degrees cooler. Its one of the reasons I love wearing suits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with everybody else. I dress for the weather yet prepare for contingencies.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have to dress for the weather, otherwise I'll spend all of my time swooning and sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dress for the weather...but then with the unpredictable UK weather I use the principal of layering up. So I'm always prepared even if the weather changes between morning and afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...