11 March 2012

M6279: Adjustments & Interfacing + Other Stuff

I began working on this last weekend and so far, things are going rather smoothly.  I first cut out a muslin last summer with the intention of sewing it then.  August was a very busy month and I ended up putting the project on hold.  Since Spring is on the way, I figured this is a great time to get started.  I'm sewing view A with the epaulets, but not the belt tabs or belt; I didn't have enough fabric for everything.










Pattern Adjustments
I cut a straight 16 for the muslin and lowered the bust fullness about 2 inches.  I probably should have done a swayback adjustment too, but for some reason, I always forget to do this.  Fortunately since I will always wear this belted, the pooling shouldn't be too noticeable.




Interfacing
The pattern instructs you to use the interfaced centers front on the outside.  The instructions for McCall's 5847 state the exact opposite.  I actually wrestled with what directions to follow because I wasn't sure why it made a difference.  Does anyone know? Ultimately, I decided to use the un-interfaced centers front on the outside because I didn't want any bubbles to show should the interfacing become detached in future washings.


left:  M6279, right:  M5847

Here is a photo of the progress to date.  Hmm.  Looking at the picture now, maybe having the interfaced front on the outside does make a difference.  Hopefully I can finish the dress this week so that I can move on to the next one.


Other Stuff

*  Sheila:  I'm glad your blog is back up and running.  I like the new look!

*  I didn't make it to the Detroit fashion show on Saturday.  I was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago and was consumed with handling that situation.  No one was injured and my car has since been repaired.

*  Kyle:  I haven't tried B5559, but it is definitely on my list!

That's it for now.  Take care everyone!

L

2 comments:

  1. I like the dress, looks like a winner. I didn't make it to the fashion show either. Was too sick this week, and the cheap seats sold out. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The dress is coming along nicely and like the color choice. That pattern has been on my to do list since last year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...