18 July 2012

Never Fall in Love with a Piece of Fabric =(

I've had this rayon-lycra knit on my to-sew shelf since last summer.  When I first saw it on Fabric.com, I had to have it.  I envisioned making the popular Tracy Reese dress, Vogue1224

A few months ago, I traced the pattern and added length to the bodice - following the suggestion of other sewers who made the dress.  I cut and made a muslin sometime in June, but misplaced the altered pattern pieces.  This is an important fact because I completely forgot that I had lengthened the bodice.  Enter today.  Still having not found the pieces, I decided to forge ahead and cut out my fashion fabric in a straight size and only add length to the skirt since I remembered the muslin was a bit short.  Of course as soon as I cut the last edge, I found the altered pattern pieces.  The bodice I cut is THREE INCHES too short.  The empire waist seam will hit me right at the chest. 

I am so upset because I *luv* this fabric. I am consoling myself with Sangria.

L

4 comments:

  1. My condolences on your loss. Sangria is a wonderful way to soothe your sorrows. It can only get better from here on out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I understand and feel your pain I hope you heal quickly! I'm thinking postively here, but maybe, just maybe your fabric source has more of the same. Might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that. But it happens. Finish the sangria... Can't let good sangria go to waste!... Then re-cut it into a tunic or a top or something. Make a head wrap if you just can't figure something out. Never let adored fabric go to waste....

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the fabric but could you piece a bit on the bodice to lengthen it? Hope you can save it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...