08 August 2012

Birthday #37

New year's for me happens on my birthday.  At this time, I take a moment to reflect on the events that happened within the last year.  One of the areas of my life for which I am truly thankful is my friends.  They are undeniably the most precious of treasures and I don't know where I would be without their love and support.  Words are not enough to express how eternally grateful I am to have their enduring friendship.  I love you all.

Events of the past year have also called into mind a few lessons.  Some I've known for a while but had to be reminded again.

1.  Do you.  You're the only one who can do it best.
2.  You can't give what you don't have.
3.  People will show you who they really are eventually.  When they do, believe them.
4.  Patience requires practice.  Practice requires patience.  Vicious cycle.


I am a never-ending work in progress.  Only God knows what's in store for the next year of my life.  I pray I have the strength, confidence, and resolve to accept and handle whatever it is. 


L

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! #3 is totally true and hard to do when we're younger. I'm so glad to be in my 30s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    It was good to meet you at PR Montreal!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...