25 September 2012

Preliminary Pictures

I am 95% complete with my garments for the mini wardrobe.  I have stalled with the silk charmeuse top.  It's completely constructed sans binding for the armholes and neckline.  I ordered some hug snug rayon seam binding and am waiting for its arrival (expected tomorrow or Thursday).  I didn't want to use cotton-poly bias tape because I thought it would be too heavy for this fabric.  But if push comes to shove, get outta my way!

In the meantime, here are a few photos of the completed garments.  I will probably take new pictures because these are so blurry.  Anyone have any tips for taking better photos?

 Top:  New Look 6648; Bottom:  Simplicity 2860
  

 
Skirt:  BWOF 8-2005-102

Top:  Simplicity 2599

Hmm.  Yes, new pictures are definitely in order.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish by Saturday!  I have plans for Sunday and would really rather not wait until the last minute to submit my entry.

That's all for now.  Be well everyone.

L

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your mini wardrobe looks great! I know a lot of work went into it and it sure looks like it did! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color palette and the fit on those Simplicity 2860 trousers is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination. Love the colours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the comments. Yes, Myra, this was definitely a task. I was busy, ill, and still managed to sew four garments in a month. I just hope to put the finishing touches on the Simplicity blouse before the contest ends. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is about this sewing but your hair is gorgeous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya, from a fan,
    I am sorry you are going through so much s@*_, both metaphoracally and literally. Been there too: one thing my dad used to say to help me get through: In time, this too, shall pass.
    Hugs, Tina in San Diego

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...