The fantastic Farhana of Sew Fashionably Modest has graciously nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award. Thank you, Farhana, for the wonderful gift! I am beaming with joy and happy to know that folks read my ramblings. =)
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. Much obliged!
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award/The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers that inspire you.
5. Include the rules.
6. Inform your nominees.
Seven Things About Me
1. I am an only child. And no, I was not spoiled.
2. I can play the piano, though I haven't done so in a very long time. I cannot read sheet music to save the world. I prepared for recitals by memorizing the pieces/fingering entirely and pretending to read the sheets. My piano teacher knew what I was doing was not amused. LOL
3. I am terrified of heights but I will ride a roller coaster in a hot minute and always get a window seat on an airplane (except on international flights). Tall buildings? Fuhgeddaboutit.
4. I am a vegetarian and a very picky eater. I hate mushrooms, okra, olives (love olive oil though), and think cheesecake is the perfect way to ruin two good foods. Cheese should not be in cake form!
5. I love math and hate writing. I'm amazed that I've actually maintained a blog for this long!
6. I love to travel. I've been to The Netherlands three times, most of eastern Canada, England, Italy, Costa Rica, and the United Arab Emirates. I have another trip planned in my mind, but I'm still working out the details...um...in my mind.
7. I've been rollerskating (off and on) for over 30 years. I used to skate 2 - 3 times per week, but my knees can't take that plus running and weightlifting.
My Inspirational Bloggers
It's so hard to narrow my faves down to 10; there are so many people whose style and general good nature I admire! My nominees (in no particular order) are:
- Faye at Faye's Sewing Adventures: I cannot resist a Faye-inspired sew along and love her personal style. Plus, she is just as sweet as she can be and a teacher! I have mad love for teachers since I'm a teacher as well.
- Audrey at Sew Re-invented Audrey: The documentation of her personal growth is an inspiration in ways that I cannot describe and strive to experience personally. I don't know how I found her blog, but I am so glad that I did!
- Doobee at Made by J: You have to check out some of Judith's garments. Her attention to detail and impeccable sewing is to die for.
- Kyle at Vacuuming the Lawn: I've also had the pleasure of meeting Kyle twice at the American Sewing Expo and am a regular follower of her fabulous blog. I enjoy reading about her sewing adventures and love seeing her floral finds at her local farmer's market.
- Cenetta at The Mahogany Stylist: If you don't know Cenetta, you don't know sewing! Girlfriend has a closet full of fierceness that is coveted by many (myself included)!
- Ruthie at Ruthie Sews: Ruthie is the SWAP queen. I do not know how she is able to do it, but she can sew two (2!!) full 11-piece wardrobes in no time. A visit to her blog will show the countless completed and coordinated wardrobes. This year, she has committed to writing a blog post per week on what one can do with one yard scraps of fabric. Ruthie is amazing!
- Adrienne at Adrienne's Little World: The subtitle of her blog says it all: "Day to day musings of a creative soul." Those words could be more true. Adrienne makes everything and does it with grace and charm.
- Carolyn at Diary of a Sewing Fanatic: Carolyn is a master of the TNT. Words are not enough to express how she marvelously crafts almost everything she wears from her tried-n-true dress pattern. If you don't know Carolyn, you don't know fashion!
- Victoria at Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing: I think remember reading about the ten thousand hours challenge on a pattern review posted by Victoria. Since then, I've followed her progress and even considered trying it myself. Victoria's adventures are definitely an inspiration!
I would have included these lovely ladies in my list but it appears as if someone else beat me to it! They received nominations for all the obvious good reasons. Take a moment to check 'em out!