05 December 2012

Un-Stuck

Thank you for the many words and notes of encouragement.  Having conversations with close friends and connecting with you and your comments has certainly helped.  Things are difficult, but I'm pressing forward.  Life is full of experiences - both positive and negative.  Although it's not easy, sometimes letting go is the best and only option.  With regard to a couple of situations, there is nothing more I can do.  I have to move on.

I've known this for some time now, but it hit home this past weekend.  In May, my 13-year old car stopped working and it's been sitting in my driveway ever since.  Why did I hang onto it for so long?  I have no idea.  I certainly didn't need it.  I had no intention of fixing it and I had already bought a new car.  It was just sitting there rusting and leaking.  Finally, I called the scrap yard on Saturday to haul it away.  It was the most freeing thing I've done in a while.  It was also an example of how holding onto stuff, things, and people can add unnecessary weight and keep you from recognizing the greatness in you and pursuing better things.

I let something else go today as well, but I won't get into that.  Let's just say it was time.

My sewjo is still on the run, but I'm closing in on it.  I cut out a skirt and sewed the front seams together.  I need to swap out my serger thread so that I can finish the seams together.  Hopefully I'll have it done on Friday or Saturday.

Finally, I never blogged or shared pictures of the Simplicity jacket I finished over the summer (S2422).  I've worn it a couple of times and really like it.  The sleeve bands are a bit tight when I reach forward, but not so much so that it's unwearable.  The photo was taken in October.  I have to get better at taking pictures; recently my photos are coming out blurry and I need to figure out why.


That's all for now.  Until next time, be well!

L

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are UN-stuck.... Can't wait to see finished pictures of your new skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becoming Un-Stuck must be in the air. I feel a sense of freedom too. LOL. Your jacket is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyyy! for becoming un-stuck! :)Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy for you, hope the streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the inspiration, I have nominated you for a blog award you can find here at http://farhanasews.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...