29 September 2012

Mini Wardrobe: Complete!

Woo hoo!  I am finished with all of the garments for my entry to the mini wardrobe contest on PR.  Normally I am unable to do this much sewing at the beginning of the semester.  Somehow, I found time to do it and am really pleased with my items.


I am in the process of writing short summaries of the construction highlights for each item.  In the meantime, here's a link to my contest entry.  I don't usually ask for votes, but I've got no shame this time.  =)  Soooooo...vote for me!!


25 September 2012

Preliminary Pictures

I am 95% complete with my garments for the mini wardrobe.  I have stalled with the silk charmeuse top.  It's completely constructed sans binding for the armholes and neckline.  I ordered some hug snug rayon seam binding and am waiting for its arrival (expected tomorrow or Thursday).  I didn't want to use cotton-poly bias tape because I thought it would be too heavy for this fabric.  But if push comes to shove, get outta my way!

In the meantime, here are a few photos of the completed garments.  I will probably take new pictures because these are so blurry.  Anyone have any tips for taking better photos?

 Top:  New Look 6648; Bottom:  Simplicity 2860

Skirt:  BWOF 8-2005-102

Top:  Simplicity 2599

Hmm.  Yes, new pictures are definitely in order.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish by Saturday!  I have plans for Sunday and would really rather not wait until the last minute to submit my entry.

That's all for now.  Be well everyone.


13 September 2012

Still Here & Sewing

This is only a quick update.  I've had a lot going on recently and have been dealing the best way I can.  Unfortunately, blogging had to be moved down on the list of things to do.  I intend to share my details about my sewing projects, but for now all I can do is post pictures. 

I hope to finish the mini wardrobe.  I've got two of four pieces done and will likely use a pre-owned piece as the fifth. 

Skirt:  I need to trim the lining on the skirt and hem it. 
Pants:  I need to add a closure to the front.
Knit top:  The top is cut out and just needs to be sewn.  I should be able to do that in a day.
Silk top:  I started cutting this out today.  I'll have to go slowly because the silk charmeuse tends to shift a lot.  I did some research on this fabric a few weeks ago, but somehow Firefox deleted my pinned tabs and I don't feel like scouring the net to find the information again.

I am very close to finishing the Lady Grey coat.  Padstitching the collar seemed like it took forever.  I won't resume work on the coat until after I finish the wardrobe.

That's it for now.  Be well everyone.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...