02 January 2013

When the Wedge Fails

I thought my first post of 2013 would be about my fabulous jacket.  But since the right sleeve is really determined not to set it self correctly, I'm going to write about something else. 


This is Joanna Coles, the "Tim Gunn" of Project Runway All-stars, season 2.  Normally, I like what she wears, but this skirt is not working for me.  Do you see that?  Why would anyone want to do that?  I try my best to prevent my clothes from splitting at the seams.  Why in the world would it be encouraged at the waist?  Sure, her pose is exaggerating the split, but day-um!

That split dart thing is not cool.  After grabbing some more screen shots, I noticed that it actually stands away from the body.  When I first watched the episode, I thought it was an unfortunate attempt at color-blocking.  Um.  No.  It's like the split of a hem, only at the waist.


The fact that the skirt is too tight at the hip does not help the situation at all. 


I don't think there's much else for me to say.  Joanna, darling, I am not a fan.  Not that you would care what I or anyone else thinks.  Just know that I am in no rush to knockoff this look.

Would you wear this skirt?





19 comments:

  1. No but then I still don't understand why anyone wears their clothes that tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Carolyn - tight, ill-fitting and bizarre just are not my style choice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! How can one achieve all three looks in the same garment?

      Delete
  3. I would have thought someone would have noticed and told her before filming began. That's just a very weird design element, if you can call it that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to call it except wrong on many levels. =)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I thought that was a fitting muslin before I started reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It is definitely a lesson in where not to add a wedge.

      Delete
  5. No way! I'm not a fan of most of her outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has some hits and misses. This is definitely a miss!

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't wear it, but then I don't need anything to drag more attention to my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! This is the part I'm trying to camouflage. When she walked out, my eye went right to her waist. That can't be good. =)

      Delete
  7. Now, I see what you mean! No, it looks terrible. It reminds me of vampire fangs, especially with the black lace top... gaudy. Thanks for your advice on my project, I'm going to re-work it and make it my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. When I first watched the episode, that's what I thought too. I thought why in the world would someone want to add color-block wedges at the waist? They look like teeth. If only that were the sole problem!

      Delete
  8. I totally agree. If this were shown on the runway, made by one of the contestants, they would be ridiculed and dismissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Can you imagine the commentary from Michael Kors, Nina Garcia, or Isaac Mizrahi?

      Delete
  9. The skirt is flat-out too tight, and the dark wedge shapes scream things like, "I'm too Wal-Mart-y vain to wear a skirt that fits," and "Look-ee at my fat parts!" ... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wonder how much wear this skirt will get. =)

      Delete
  10. Wow L!! I can't believe that I missed this skirt. Actually, I am happy that I didn't see it. There is no way they would have allowed this to go down the runway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...