08 February 2013

Take Me to Your Leader

The closet in my basement, appropriately named Area 51, is overflowing with UFOs and is long overdue for intervention.  A few weeks ago, Audrey at Sew ReInvented Audrey! posted updates on several newly completed unfinished objects.  Was I inspired?  Yes.  Did I act on said inspiration?  Not so much.  

I cannot cut out another project until I have completed the SEVEN projects that are already in motion.  SMH

In no particular order, here is the list of current aliens and what they need to be sent home:

Colette Patterns Beignet (wool skirt)  
I had the pieces to this skirt cut out for TWO years and am just now getting back to it.  To finish, I need to fuse interfacing to facings, insert the lining, mark and make 12 buttonholes, and hand sew 12 buttons.  It's the buttonholes/buttons that dragging this one on.  I know it.

Simplicity 2648 (wool dress) 
I started this dress at least as long ago as the Beignet skirt.  The only thing I need to do is insert the zipper that's PINNED to the dress.  So sad. 

Simplicity 1945 (rayon cowl neck top)
I made a quick muslin to see if I liked the fit of this top weeks ago.  Later, I cut out the actual garment but stopped (for some unknown reason) before I cut out the cowl. 

Jalie 2559 (RPL stretch woven jacket)
I'm blaming this alien on the lining.  Stretch polyester charmeuse is the devil's spawn.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 
 
Vogue 8426 (denim skirt)
I was going to cut out another pair of jeans but since my fabric wasn't wide enough to accommodate all of the pieces, I cut out this skirt instead.   

Simplicity 2804 (ITY knit top)
Cut.  Marked.  Just waiting to be serged.

BWOF 9-2009-134
Cut.  Marked.  Just waiting to be sewn and serged.  

There are definitely other UFOs hiding out in Area 51.  But this is all I can handle right now.  

L




 

9 comments:

  1. I second the motion that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay, Faye, and Myra! I have no excuse to not do it. =) Knowing me, though, I could probably think something up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I do need to get to work! In fact, I am on my way to the basement right now!

      Delete
  4. Love the 'Area 51' title! Hilarious!

    With your UFO's, do you really love the items or are you just finishing them for finishing sake? I tend to use tough love for my UFO's and if I am not in love with them - they are out. It is harsh, but works for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah. Thanks. =) The items listed here are clothes that I really want to wear. The other UFOs continue to be on lock-down because I have no love for them, though I can't seem to throw the away. I will likely part with them when I embark on my massive spring cleaning effort in a few weeks.

      Delete
  5. Best wishes on working through your UFO's.... The hardest part is starting. I would probably pick the knit top since it only needs to be serged. Nothing like finishing a project to get the mojo back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...