21 March 2013

First Fabric Purchase of 2013

I held out until a week ago.  That's progress for me - seriously.  The temptation was definitely there.  Online carts have been filled and emptied and filled again...only to be automatically emptied after timing out.  I've been to fabric stores with bolts in hand, waiting at the cutting counter.  I didn't purchase a single inch until now and I'm happy about what I bought.

The first four fabrics are knits.  I have a bunch of knit dress patterns in queue and I hope to include some of these fabrics in my sewing plans.  Sure I have ITY on hand, but the lengths are too short for some of the dresses I'd like to make.

The last fabric is 1.5 yards of lime green linen and this is for another skirt with pintucks.  I made a skirt from Stitch Magazine (never blogged...bad blogger) that I really liked.  Unfortunately the invisible zipper had a run-in with the lining and the rest is a shredded mess.  The skirt is still wearable, but the inside where the zipper and lining battled looks terrible.  I suppose I could put in a new lining... =)


L









 

14 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the itch to buy some fabric, but I still have so much at home.... But, I've been like you - adding it to my cart online, or picking something up and walking around the store with it.
    The problem isn't that I don't need fabric - it's that I really enjoy purchasing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it exactly! I don't need more fabric, I enjoy purchasing it as well.

      Delete
  2. I feeling more the itch to go shopping lol! but I have purchased some fabric, your selections look great!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I also held out on Fabric purchases until about week ago so if you were on a fabric diet of sorts, I can relate. :-) I like the teardrop print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the teardrop print as well. I'd like to make either NL6097 or V8379. I am definitely not fasting, but trying to pull back on fabric purchases.

      Delete
  4. I like your fabric purchases. It is hard to stay on a fabric diet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it! I try to be ware of why I'm buying it. This has helped me let some things go that were certainly not needed.

      Delete
  5. Love your fabrics - oh yes I do! You made great choices. I held out pretty good not buying too, just made my first purchase of the year two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! It's actually a bit freeing knowing that you don't need the all of the extra. My stash sometimes overwhelms me. =)

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean in your response to Faye. I did buy fabric in January, but haven't bought any since then. I haven't bought much of anything tangible besides groceries and food since January, and it's quite freeing to not have to deal with all the "stuff" that comes with buying stuff...bags/receipts/recording in a financial spreadsheet/packaging/making space for the item.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you explain what ITY means? It probably is something I should know, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wile I don't know what the initials stay for, I do know that it is a kind of knit fabric. It is approx 92% polyester and 8% spandex. If you sew a lot with knits, more than likely, you have some in your closet. It doesn't have the soft "furry" feel, like a cotton knit, but is more "slippery" feeling. Hope my description makes sense!

      Delete
  8. I love your fabric selections! Of them (top left print) looks very similar to one I made a top with a while back. I still wear and love that top too! When you get a moment, stop by and take a look....http://1simpleinspiration.blogspot.com/2012/04/vogue-8790-print-top-self-draft-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...