This is a hybrid of the top and both dresses. I used the lower band from the v-neck dress and added the cowl from the other dress. The combination works well, though the top is way too big. I have to take off about an inch and half from the side seams and reattach the band to make it look right. In the photo above, this is how I want it to fit. I tucked the extra fullness into the skirt to give myself an idea of how I want it to look. Otherwise, it's a giant sack.
I don't know if I'll wear this often. I'm not feeling the print. At all. It's too...something that I don't like.
I used about 1.75 yards of ITY and constructed the top completely on my serger. Aside from that, there's really not much else to this top. I made the dress before and absolutely love it! I also made the v-neck top and loved it at the time. The neckline stretched out something awful and I haven't worn it since.
This is a good pattern, but it's now out of print. If you happen to see one online or at Simplicity.com on sale, pick it up!
3. Simplicity 1945 (needs coverstitching)
5. Vogue 8426 (on deck)
Even though I still have a couple of UFOs to finish, I started working on another pair of jeans. The last three UFOs weren't satisfying and I need something to keep my sewjo in effect. More on that later!
Until next time, peace!