10 March 2013

Simplicity 2804 (UFO): Complete

I'm knocking these bad boys out of the park...or Earth...or whatever.  =)


This is a hybrid of the top and both dresses.  I used the lower band from the v-neck dress and added the cowl from the other dress.  The combination works well, though the top is way too big.  I have to take off about an inch and half from the side seams and reattach the band to make it look right.  In the photo above, this is how I want it to fit.  I tucked the extra fullness into the skirt to give myself an idea of how I want it to look.  Otherwise, it's a giant sack. 

I don't know if I'll wear this often.  I'm not feeling the print.  At all.   It's too...something that I don't like.


I used about 1.75 yards of ITY and constructed the top completely on my serger.  Aside from that, there's really not much else to this top.  I made the dress before and absolutely love it!  I also made the v-neck top and loved it at the time.  The neckline stretched out something awful and I haven't worn it since.


This is a good pattern, but it's now out of print.  If you happen to see one online or at Simplicity.com on sale, pick it up!

********
UFO Tally:

1.  Beignet (relinquished back to Area 51)
2.  Simplicity 2648
3.  Simplicity 1945 (needs coverstitching)
4.  Jalie 2559
5.  Vogue 8426 (on deck)
6.  Simplicity 2804
7.  BWOF 9-2009-134


Even though I still have a couple of UFOs to finish, I started working on another pair of jeans.  The last three UFOs weren't satisfying and I need something to keep my sewjo in effect.  More on that later!

Until next time, peace!

L

6 comments:

  1. The herringbone fabric is from Emmaonesock in the new arrivals section. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I've been looking for this for a while.

      Delete
  2. Lovely garments. .. I have that pattern but was concerned about the fullness of the sleeves. Like the elastic detail on your sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you really are knocking them out!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress and second top, but some of the larger necks around do tend to stretch out a bit - do you stabilise them? Also, I agree, there is something about that pattern in the other top- might be handy to wear on those days when you haven't got anything else to wear, perhaps under a jacket! I've got lots of those sorts of garments lol's

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really knocking that list down. Great tops too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...