05 March 2013

Wearing the Dress & Jacket (Photos)

Since I had an appointment yesterday, I thought it would be a good chance to get all prettified and snap some photos of me wearing the newly finished dress and jacket.  


I had to lighten the photos because the lighting in my hallway is terrible.  As I mentioned before, the dress is too big - so much so it's no longer flattering.  I might take it in at the princess and side seams.  Here, you can see part of my bra showing on the side.  Meh.

 ********
As for finishing UFOs, the Beignet skirt is a wash.  I don't love it anymore and find no need to put any more energy into it.  Besides, I am so ready to start something else.  My next projects will be a simple 3-piece knit dress and another pair of jeans.  This will help me restart my sewjo after knocking out the rest of these UFOs.

L

13 comments:

  1. That a good looking outfit. The jacket looks very high-end RTW. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Linda and Rachelle! I will definitely make another jacket and refine my sewing techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking outfit L. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' very professorial!!! I know you struggled with the jacket and get zapped a lot from the lining, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle! Indeed, the lining is a shocker. =)

      Delete
  5. Looking real stylish in that jacket and dress. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! This was going to be my attempt at making more grown-up clothes. In fact, I think that will be my theme for our wardrobe challenge.

      Delete
  6. Very nice outfit and congratulations on completing your UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra! We're on spring break right now and the extra time is definitely helping me knock out those UFOs.

      Delete
  7. Lovely outfit and kudos on tackling your UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I really like the outfit, though I need to address the fit. UFOs are definitely on their way back home. =)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...