21 June 2013

Sneak Peek

I think I finally broke the wadder streak.  I've been working on styling my stash (thanks Sarah Liz!) and sewing small, coordinated capsules. 

This is the first group of fabric from which I started to sew.  Each piece has been in the stash at least a year.  In order from top to bottom:

1.  floral rayon knit, McCall's 6078 (top)
2.  raw silk suiting, New Look 6130 (skirt)
3.  stretch cotton poplin, Burda 8497 (blouse)
4.  navy cotton twill, Kwik Sew 3558 (jacket)
5.  chartreuse boucle, BWOF 8-2005-102 (skirt)




Both garments are almost finished.  I was having trouble with my serger's rolled hem, so I put the skirt aside and started working on the jacket.  All the jacket needs is the hem, topstitching, buttonhole, and buttons.

Reviews for both garments will be posted as soon as they're completed!

L

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels good to bust the UFO stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this for the fall! Thanks for the inspiration, looking forward to see these on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing small capsules is great idea. You will get great results and build your wardrobe slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, and they look like they're going to go together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got your sewjo back, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you've chosen. They'll make a great mini wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little mini wardrobe is going to look so lovely - can't wait to see it finished - I'm glad your sewjo came back - and this lot of garments has worked beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have fabric envy. That pile looks gorgeous. Loving the look of your items. Looking forward to seeing them finished and modeled

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combos of fabrics you have decided on. The skirt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...