So far I've made this top four times and really like wearing each one. It is so comfortable and easy to sew. Earlier this year, I saw the exact same garment by Ralph Lauren at Macy*s They wanted $98. I made mine for under $7 if you include fabric, thread, fusible web, and energy. I can see many more versions in the future!
I sewed the pleats from the outside and toward the right. This isn't what the directions say to do, but I think it looks nice and the drape of the cowl doesn't appear to be affected.
I finished the neckline, armholes, and hem using my coverstitch machine. I applied Steam-a-Seam to each area, pressed, folded under, and stitched into place. From start to finish, this top can take about an hour to construct.
The cowl drape is pretty scandalous, so you may want to adjust it first before cutting out. Kyle from Vacuuming the Lawn wrote a great post on how to do this.
I wore it with a pair of Jalie jeans and new Kwik Sew jacket for a night out with a friend on Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because it was cold and rainy, so an on-the-dressform shot will have to do for now. Plus
I have to find a way to take better pictures. The lighting in my hallway doesn't produce very clear shots. I have a tripod and can set it up outside, but I haven't had success with getting good shots that way either.
This is the third of five garments in my mini wardrobe. I was going to sew a sixth garment, but I will have to postpone that in favor of making a couple of garments for my upcoming 20-year high school reunion. Until next time, peace!