Yep. This is all I've sewn on this dress. I'm stuck on what to do about the side seams and fitting.
The instructions have you sew the skirt side seams first and then attach the peplum (cut on the fold) at the waist. Then the bodice is stitched to the lower half, and finally attached at the princess seams. If I were certain that the dress would fit, then I'd forge ahead. But since I made my muslin out of a woven and didn't make a second one out of knit, I don't know how the dress will now fit.
I thought about cutting a new pair of peplums with a side seam so that I could construct the front and back of the dress completely and pin-fit the sides. But then the peplum will no longer flare out at the sides. I tried this in my muslin of Simplicity 1650 and I didn't like how it looked.
So that's where I am right now. I don't know how much sewing I'll get done today. At around 10p EST yesterday, breaking news once again forced a reality check and I am numb.
On another, more positive note I want to thank the lovely and gracious Red Point Tailor for nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Thank you for thinking sweet of me and I will acknowledge the award formally in an upcoming post.