If I work really hard (i.e., work at all), I might be able to finish the coat this weekend. Instead of bagging the lining, I will let it hang free. I figured it would be pretty hard to try and pull such thick fabric and lining through a small opening in the side seam. In the meantime, here are some photos of the lining.
I bought some seafoam green piping a few years ago simply because it was $0.25. I had no idea what to do with it, but figured it might be useful some day. When I saw that it was a close match to the green in the coat fabric, I decided to use it as a border between the lining and front/back facings.
This is my second time working with piping, so I don't know if what I'm doing is correct; I'm just winging it as I go along. =) I do know that I need to remove the piping from the shoulder seam allowance to reduce bulk. What I don't know is if I should have inserted the piping all at once with the front facing or do it in stages as shown above.
Today, I hope to finish the front lining, insert the piping, and attach the facings.
I am thinking about redoing the collar. It's pretty bulky right now and I think I may have some issues sewing through all of the layers once I attach the facing-lining unit. I have enough fabric to cut the upper collar and can cut the undercollar out of lining. I'll think on that a bit more.
Until next time, peace!