13 October 2013

Catching Up

Wow, is it October already?  Despite having a busy and stressful September, I did manage to get some sewing done.

Simplicity 2365 - version 2


This one is for you, Terry!  While visiting Toronto, I stopped by Fabricland and picked up several pieces of fantastic fabrics, including this black on white polka dot quilting cotton.  I normally don't gravitate toward polka dots, but after seeing Terry's dotted creations, I thought I'd give 'em a try.  I couldn't be happier. 

In making S2365, I did the same thing as I did the first time I made this top.  The only thing I forgot to mention in my original review was the width of the bias tape.  The tape is 2 inches wide so that I could sew a 1/2-inch seam allowance and have enough to turn under and topstitch.

McCall's 6654

I finally got some photos of me wearing the not-so-easy skirt.  I  really like this look, thought I have to refine the fit of the jacket.  


Sorry for the crappy cell phone selfie (cellphie?).  I was on my way to work and wanted to take a quick snap.

BeaJay's Scary September Challenge

Although I didn't make anything for the challenge, I did cut out a muslin for a button-front blouse.  I fell behind in putting it together and then got  distracted/discouraged and decided to move onto something else.  My plan to sew and fit a button-front blouse is still in the works, but I don't know if I'll return to it anytime soon.  Despite failing in the challenge, BeaJay was kind enough to mention completing my Indygo Junction coat as part of the process.  Aww.  Thanks BeaJay!

Sarah Liz's One Garment a Month Challenge

To round out the year, I decided to join Sarah Liz's One Garment a Month Sew Along.  While I hope to sew more than one piece a month, I think I can get one done - especially now that things have slowed down around here.

My first garment to enter for this challenge is the Simplicity top (above).  I cut and sewed it in the month of October, so my quota is met. =)  I have plans for two more tops - both knits and from TNT patterns.  I'd also like to make another Kwik Sew jacket.  These three garments will complete the first of my planned fall 6PACs.


That's all I have for now.  More later!  Until then, be well.

L


16 comments:

  1. The Simplicity top in the polka dots is incredibly flattering to you, and your second outfit is also adorable. I miss dressing up for work (yes, true).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. =) I am fortunate to have a job where there's no official dress code. I can wear jeans and a T-shirt or glam it up with a dress and heels. I often opt for jeans, top, and jacket.

      Delete
  2. You look great! The Simplicity top is very cute, and I adore that second outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so nice to get to see your WELL FITTING garments. You do such good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Faye. I'm still working on that button-front blouse. One day...

      Delete
  4. I love this top and it looks great on you too! Really nice fabric, i wish we had more fabric stores here where I can go an "touch" to my little hearts desire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. I wish we had more fabric stores, too. Aside from JoAnn's (meh), there's Haberman's (pricey) and Field's (two hours west of here).

      Delete
  5. Love those polka dots - especially with the red belt. Both looks on this post are great. Very nicely fitted tops and jackets. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeaJay. I'm feeling the dots too! When I saw the print, I bought it on the spot. Hah...get it? On the spot!

      Delete
  6. Cute, cute, cute....everything...just cute. "It's October already"?...about to be half way over! IKR! It's going fast! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE your polka dot creations. You are the master!

      Delete
  7. Hi L, you look lovely in the polka dots - they suit you. I think it is because they are not little all over ones, but graduating small to large - gives a lovely cheeky look. The suit is gorgeous - and you have fitted it so nicely - it shows off your lovely curves. And a tick for October :). I'll be posting the first round of completed garments on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. =) The print was a border print with the dots along the grain. I cut the pattern pieces on the cross grain so that the heavier dots were at my hip. I really like the top and plan to wear it until the dots fade.

      Delete
  8. Missed you here in blogland. I too have joined the AGAM sew along, your polka dot top is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the top on you, L!! You look fabulous and the red belt goes great with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...