My sewjo was working the last couple of days and I made a lot of progress on the jacket. I put in the pockets, zippers, and attached the collar and facings. That doesn't sound like a lot, but given how things have been the last three weeks, this is a lot!
I thought I might be able to finish the jacket in time to wear it on Monday. Then it happened. Damn you Murphy's Law!
Looks okay, right? Wrong. I sewed the right side of the zipper facing to the wrong side of the sleeve. Of course I only realized this just as I was about to turn the facing to the inside and press. I did this on both sleeves. Good job genius. I have no excuse; I just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.
Fortunately, this isn't too hard to correct. I carefully unpicked the stitches, lined up the cut edges right sides together, and restitched the facing in place. Though I had to use a lot of steam, I was able to get the facing turned to the inside and pressed pretty well. I don't have a picture yet; I'll wait until after I've inserted the zippers.
That's all I have for now. If I'm not too tired tomorrow, I'll work on installing the zippers on the sleeves and then sewing them in. The instructions have the sleeves sewn in flat. I'll give it a try, but if I don't like it, I'll set them in the round with sleeve heads.
Until next time, peace!