07 December 2013

KS3764: Moto Jacket Update

My sewjo was working the last couple of days and I made a lot of progress on the jacket.  I put in the pockets, zippers, and attached the collar and facings.  That doesn't sound like a lot, but given how things have been the last three weeks, this is a lot!




I thought I might be able to finish the jacket in time to wear it on Monday.  Then it happened.  Damn you Murphy's Law!


Looks okay, right?  Wrong.  I sewed the right side of the zipper facing to the wrong side of the sleeve.  Of course I only realized this just as I was about to turn the facing to the inside and press.  I did this on both sleeves.  Good job genius.  I have no excuse; I just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. 

Fortunately, this isn't too hard to correct.  I carefully unpicked the stitches, lined up the cut edges right sides together, and restitched the facing in place.  Though I had to use a lot of steam, I was able to get the facing turned to the inside and pressed pretty well.  I don't have a picture yet; I'll wait until after I've inserted the zippers.

That's all I have for now.  If I'm not too tired tomorrow, I'll work on installing the zippers on the sleeves and then sewing them in.  The instructions have the sleeves sewn in flat.  I'll give it a try, but if I don't like it, I'll set them in the round with sleeve heads.

Until next time, peace!

L

16 comments:

  1. It is looking really good L! I hear ya on progress. Whew sometimes it's a wonder any seams get sewn. Also, nice save on the sleeve zipper. Whew. Can't wait to see it all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I get on a roll. Then I fall off. =)

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, one of those sewing moments - not surprising, I guess if you have had a hectic few weeks your concentration was a bit scattered. I think you did well to get what you did done- sewing does take energy, and we can't always hurtle along at full speed.

    Good luck with the next stage X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distractions and sewing are a dangerous mix. =) Slowing down and maintaining focus are definitely key to doing things right. Now only if I would listen to myself... =)

      Delete
  3. Great progress, L! I'm eager to see it finished! Perhaps you can wear it to lunch (which we should schedule FINALLY!)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! We've been 'getting lunch' for EVER. =) Before 2013 is over, this is happening!

      Delete
  4. The jacket is coming along nicely. Good save on the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made another mistake, though. Details forthcoming!

      Delete
  5. Looking good! What pattern are you using? (I looked back through some of your past posts and either skimmed past it or didn't see it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! I don't know if I ever said it. I'm using Kwik Sew 3764. I finished the jacket and will review soon.

      Delete
    2. The pattern ID is in the title of the post. =)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...