06 January 2014

Stashbusting Challenge 2014

The stash is still out of control, but I'm getting better at not adding to it.  I participated in last year's Stashbusting Challenge with great success.  I pledged to use 12 pieces and ended up using double that amount.  I also sewed 8 of 10 pledged patterns.

This year, I am going to up the ante.  I have a lot of nice pieces of fabric and there is no sense in letting it just sit there.  So, here's my pledge for this year:

"I, Lynn of You sew girl!, commit to using at least 30 pieces of stash fabric in 2014. I also commit to using at least 10 patterns from the pattern and/or magazine stash. Stash includes any fabric or patterns on hand prior to the date of this pledge, 6 Jan 2014."

Originally, I had a goal of using 24 pieces of stash, but my latest sewing project has already used up 10 pieces (whaaaaat!) and my goal would already be half met and it's just the beginning of the year.

How about you?  Do you plan to join the Stashbusting Challenge?  If so, what's your goal?

********

I leave you with a picture of my deck.  It's under there...somewhere.  

 
L

14 comments:

  1. I've promised myself that I'm going to use as much as I can, which will be awkward because everythings got to go in storage while I live on Mum and Dads futon in the living room. I'm hoping to use up most of it before I have to go off to dorms in Autumn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to get a lot done. What are you studying?

      Delete
  2. No sewing resolutions / goals for me this year... I will be practicing to be more grateful for what I have and to live in the moment.

    Happy New year and wishing you more love, luck and laughter in your life!

    I'm sitting in the middle of winter wonderland as well... It's been 8 yrs living in Canada and I don't know if I'll ever get used to all this snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great intention. I will join you in the practice of being more grateful and living in the moment. Happy new year to you as well my friend!

      I've lived in the northern US all of my life and I am still not used to the snow.

      Delete
  3. First - wow - that deck is out of this world. Coming from a city that never sees snow - amazing.

    As for the stash *sigh* I just spend much much filthy lucre on heaps of fabric.. I can't help myself. MUST. STOP. BUYING...... but can't. So maybe I need to join this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you'd like some of the snow, you're more than welcome to haul ALL of it away. =)

      I've tried to curb my fabric buying because I really do have too much. I won't stop buying, but I will think my carefully about what I buy. We must sew what we buy, though!

      Delete
  4. Hey, how did you sneak a pic of MY deck?!?! I've got your back on this stash-busting goal, I'll even adopt the same yardage and patterns. Let's do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I saw your round table had heaps of snow on it too. To watch the dog try to navigate the snow was hilarious. Her peeing on the deck...not so much.

      Delete
  5. We are hearing that you are getting a really hard winter over there. Great for thinking about goals, just not so great to actually do them - cold and grey tends to affect the motivation sometimes.

    I have fallen off the stash wagon, and my patterns are growing by the day, so I may have to join you and make my own pledge. Off to do some thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern stash is just as bad as the fabric stash! I like your random pattern draw. I think I'll jump on this wagon with you.

      Delete
  6. I love the Stashbusting Challenge idea. I had been pondering a way to make myself accountable to something like this. I'm going to participate--just need to figure out what goals to set for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it public, girlie! We're all family here, so there's no judgment if you don't follow through. =)

      Delete
  7. I already joined the no RTW challenge for this year and one is enough for me! But I wish you good luck on yours and I will be watching to see what you create from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra! I'm on the no-RTW kick as well.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...