02 February 2014

January 2014: Good Riddance!

Oy.

Snow.  Arctic temperatures.  More snow.  Crazy, yet minor, medical issue that has kept me off my feet and out of the gym and rink for TWO weeks.  Family drama.  Weight gain because I haven't worked out in a while and probably won't for at least another week.  No sewjo.

February, be nice, mmmkay?

On the sewing front...

The KLM jacket is still not finished.  I sat down at my sewing machine for the first time in over two weeks and finally fixed the notched collar.  I need to attach the sleeve lining to sleeve hem and finish bagging the lining.  

I also started another pair of jeans - but not from Jalie.  This time, I'm using a BWOF magazine pattern:  11-2009-125.  

It's the same pattern out of which I made my skinny jeans that are now more like jogging pants because of the stretch.  Wild huh?  I'm bringing the 70s back with a vengeance.  I'm almost 40 (!!!) but I think I can still rock funky bell bottoms.  See that's the thing about being my age:  I'm old enough to know better, but young enough to not give a shit. =)  

Happy February everyone!

L

14 comments:

  1. I love the line drawing and I think bell-bottoms are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, too. I hope my version comes out as nicely as the ones I've seen on PR. I like Kadiddlehopper's version the best.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your January was sucky. Here's to February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to think of the trouser line drawings. I suspect it'll look better made up in fabric and draping properly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. What sold me on this pair was the made-up garments in the magazine and seeing other sewn versions. I hope it all goes well!

      Delete
  4. Channeling your inner Jay-Z! :)

    I sympathize. I know when all things are sitting on your head, squeezing tightly.

    Hope you're back at 100% soon and you can rock your funky bells all day long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay Z said this too? I didn't know that. =)

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better and know you are not alone concerning weight. I have always been good at staying focused, but the last few months a total disaster. So looking forward to your jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. After doing so well with my weight two years ago, it's like I let everything go. Not being able to work out for three weeks definitely not helping! Let's hope we both get back on track. =)

      Delete
  6. I love your old enough etc comment... gave me a good laugh! Things can only get better if it gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's so me. =) This winter has been especially cold! I should have known this was coming by looking at how chunky the squirrels were back in December!

      Delete
  7. Hope February is better to you. I too laughed at your last remark, keep that spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sigrid! I hope you have a fabulous Feb as well. I am getting really comfortable about not giving a shit about lots of stuff. It's very freeing. =)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...