16 March 2014

Next Project: Trench Coat

Apparently I can't stay away from time-consuming and challenging sewing projects for too long!  I've been eying a trench coat for weeks and now that I have the fabric, game is on.


My first thought was to use a red stretch cotton sateen, but since acquiring a REALLY NICE navy cotton twill, I am thinking about using it instead.  I bought three yards of the twill with the intention of making a jacket and pencil skirt.  But I can't shake the idea of using it for the trench coat.  Hmmmmm....maybe I should make two trench coats...

I was also concerned about topstitching the stretch fabric and what type of interfacing to use.  I made a skirt out of stretch cotton sateen, but...uh...that's not a coat. =)  

In the meantime, I made a couple of pattern alterations and a muslin of McCall's 5525.  So far, things look pretty good.  I'll detail the changes I made in the next post.

It's not too late to join the Trench Coat Sew Along.

Until next time, peace!

L  

2 comments:

  1. Two trench coats...you weren't even playin' were you? You are well on your way I see. Great fabric choices too. I sure would have a hard time deciding! I'm sure whichever you decide will be FAB! I'm probably going to wish I had participated. Sew On!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dream more than I sew. LOL In my mind, my trench coats are finished and fabulous. In reality...um...

      I am still ogling your green lace trench with the back flounce. Drooooooool

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...