Apparently I can't stay away from time-consuming and challenging sewing projects for too long! I've been eying a trench coat for weeks and now that I have the fabric, game is on.
My first thought was to use a red stretch cotton sateen, but since acquiring a REALLY NICE navy cotton twill, I am thinking about using it instead. I bought three yards of the twill with the intention of making a jacket and pencil skirt. But I can't shake the idea of using it for the trench coat. Hmmmmm....maybe I should make two trench coats...
I was also concerned about topstitching the stretch fabric and what type of interfacing to use. I made a skirt out of stretch cotton sateen, but...uh...that's not a coat. =)
In the meantime, I made a couple of pattern alterations and a muslin of McCall's 5525. So far, things look pretty good. I'll detail the changes I made in the next post.
It's not too late to join the Trench Coat Sew Along.
Until next time, peace!