30 April 2014

Catching Up

Deniece Williams' song "Free" is running non-stop in my mind.  It's not because I've found 'the one', though.  It's because the semester is over, grades are in, and I am FREE!  So actually the chorus is just stuck in my mind.  My students always think that I will miss them.  This is the one time that I actually discourage thinking.  Hah!
 
Anyway, the countdown is now set to 0.  Bring on the summer fun!
 
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on following pattern instructions.  I largely agree with everyone's comments.  I guess in sewing this trench coat, I became aware of just how sporadic my sewing can be!  From jumping around in the sewing order to cutting out only necessary pieces, I definitely don't go by the book. 
 
I started channeling my inner super-alien-shape-shifting-sewing-goddess and sewed TWO tops and started work on a third.  I also have a jacket ready to cut out and sew.  Holla!
 

I used my TNT knit top pattern, New Look 6648, and rayon spandex.  I forgot to shorten the neckline on the brown/black one, so the top is a bit too wide.  It's wearable, but I have to fuss with it so that my bra isn't always showing.  I didn't forget on the purple/black and I like the neckline much better.

What about the trench coat?  Well...see...what had happened was...
 

The shell is completed.  All I need to do is construct the lining, sew a thousand buttonholes, and attach the buttons.  None of that will happen until I cut out the rest of the lining pieces and, honestly, that's probably not going to happen any time soon. =/

I did find a solution to the not-enough-buttons issue.  I'm going to make my own!  I'll talk about that later.

Hmm.  What else?

I go hard at the gym and still gain weight.  WTF?  I know muscle weighs more than fat, but damn!  Can a girl see SOME progress?

I made a giant pot  (about 2 feet) at the studio a couple of weeks ago.  I have pictures on my phone that I'll share...eventually.

That's all for now.  I'm exhausted.  Until next time, peace!

L

 


6 comments:

  1. The new tops are cute! FWIW, I stalled out on my trenchcoat progress once I got the lining attached to the shell. I hate handsewing with a passion and can't seem to motivate myself to do the handsewn hems, so I got distracted by other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah, I'm glad the grading is done and you are off the hook for a while. I love the purple top with the smaller neck - why do NL make such wide necks??. The trench looks good, and really, not sure about what happens at the gym - do your measurements also go up? I guess that is the key issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :-*

    Love both tops!

    The trench won't be mad if it sits a bit. It looks good though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scale lies! Go by measurements or pictures instead. This is my friend Carly, a great example of why the scale is a liar. In the "after" picture, she's actually about five pounds heavier! http://photos-f.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-frc/10254220_468081406658173_884502810_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute tops. The trench coat looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tops and that trench is looking mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...