Sewing sister and fellow one-letter name blogger, T, of u&mii graciously nominated me for the Leibster Blog award. Awwwwww shucks. Pop on over and give peep out her digs. She's got a fantastic eye for color and style. Many thanks, T!
The Leibster Blog Award is designed to show support for blogs with 200 or less followers. Accepting the award has a few conditions:
- thank the person who nominated you for the award
- post the award on your blog
- answer five questions asked by the person who nominated you
- nominate five people and notify them
- ask them five questions
1. What's your favourite fabric to sew? I like to sew mostly woven fabrics made out of natural fibers. If it washes and wears well, I'm buying it and sewing it. If I had to pick a single favorite fabric, it would have to be cotton denim. It's super simple to sew and can be used to make skirts, pants, jackets, and even shirts - if the weight is right.
2. Do you have a stash and, if so, how big is it? (The fabric police are watching!) Do I have a stash? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. No. Bwahahahahahahahaha. Not at all. Ahem.
3. What advice would you give to new sewers? Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Even the most advanced/accomplished sewers pick stitches. Striving for perfection can result in never getting anything done.
4. What is the favourite tool or gadget in your sewing arsenal? Hmm. Great question. I don't have a favorite gadget, though I am extremely pleased that I made the decision to buy a giant (36" x 59") cutting mat. The mat stays out on the cutting table 24/7 and I use it all the time. It's particularly helpful when making alterations.
5. If you could sew an outfit for anyone (alive or dead) who would it be and what would you make them? I would love to sew an outfit for my mom. I won't go into detail about why this isn't likely to happen. Just know that if it ever did, the world would be so different for me.
To keep the blog-lovin' going, I'd like to nominate the following peeps:
BeaJay of On the Road to Sew Wear
Renee of When Needle Meets Thread
Michelle of happilycaffeinated
Towanda of Life is Sew Good
Niema of Wearable Muslin
Here are my questions:
- Why did you start sewing?
- Do you have a pattern company from which you sew the most? The least?
- When your sewjo makes a run for the border, what do you do to bring it back?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Is there a fabric that you will absolutely not sew?
I am thankful to be a part of such a great group of people. You all are wonderful and I am grateful to share in our sewing and life adventures.
Up next: the trench coat that just refuses to sew it self!
Until next time, peace!