26 July 2014

Ramblings

Not so happy stuff:

1. The last two weeks have been quite stressful.  

2. Previously I mentioned a situation with a family member that has consumed almost a decade of my life.  Well, shit met fan two weeks ago and it looks like there is nothing more that I can do.  To say this is heartbreaking is an understatement.  The hardest thing is to be forced to sit back and watch everything unfold without being able to do anything about it.

3. A new development in my social life has left me vexed.  Vexed I tell you!

4. Planes keep falling out of the sky.

5.There's so much violence.  Everywhere. 

6. My allergies are relentless.

7. I finally got around to glazing eight plates (4 salad, 4 dinner) only to find that one of the glazes was contaminated and the other started running like crazy.  So I need to make eight more plates.  Plates take a LONG time to make from start to finish.

8. V.E.X.E.D!

9. After over a decade of loyal service, Sprint needs to kick rocks.

10.  The dog has recently decided inside and outside are the same when it comes to relief.

Now for some happy stuff:

11.  Mmm...retail therapy.

 rayon-lycra jersey (tops/dress)

 poly ITY in colors and print that are rare for me (skirts)

 bright yellow stretch cotton sateen (pencil skirt)

 floral cotton shirting

 cotton eyelet

 dark green poly-rayon-lycra double knit




12.  I won second place in the Outerwear contest.  I am excited to have won and am thankful to all who voted for me.  

13.  I made a pair of skinny jeans out of Jalie 2908 in about two days.  I wore them out last night and got a nice compliment from one of my friends.  He always teased me about not letting go of boot-cut jeans.  He was shocked when he saw this pair!  I'll get pictures up soon.

14.  It's still summer. =)

15.  The anniversary of my hatching is coming up.  Hmm.  I think I shall treat myself to more fabric goodness.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

L

33 comments:

  1. God bless you, you've got a lot going on there. Lot's of new lovely fabric and can't wait to see your new straight legged jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye. I've been up and down. I'm trying to stay positive.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous fabric finds!!

    Sorry life is being stupid :/ Hang in there. Wisdom, courage, serenity and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for funneling your stress in such a creative way. Great fabric purchases! I'm sure that the time you spend making them into amazing new garments will help ease some of your frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so. Thank you Carolyn.

      Delete
  4. Do we have the same life? I must go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #9!!! Tie a knot and hold on...things are going to get better! Lovin' your fabric! Happy fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo on Sprint - for real. They have lost their *#&@*^@&! mind. Knot is tied. =)

      Delete
  6. When life throw rocks, remedy it with fabric. .. nice haul. Congrats on the Outerwear Contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah. Yes, that is my solution. =) Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Oh not to good to hear but so glad you managed to get yourself some gorgeous fabrics and hoping the creation of goodies will ease the frustration. Now those Jalie jeans sound great can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. Fabric seems to be my remedy for sad times. This is why the stash is out of control. =)

      Delete
  8. Wow - just after you sent me hugs across the ocean I am sending them back to you.... Chin up. Glad to see you go by the motto - when all else fails buy fabric!

    Congrats on the win. Your coat deserved it. Looking forward to seeing those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you BeaJay. Got that hug. =) I love your motto.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  9. Big Hugs!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((L))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. *huggums*

      Delete
  10. Sorry to hear of your troubles.I hope things get better. Life sucks sometimes but at least we all have fabric and pattern therapy. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabric and pattern therapy is sometimes cheaper than real therapy. =)

      Delete
  11. The craziness if felt everywhere. It is overwhelming at times. I hope things get better for you... the fabric will only help so much, but at least is is some relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer. As evidenced by the mini-fabric store in my basement, I've been under A LOT of stress! It's temporary relief indeed, but the underlying circumstances that are causing the stress need to change. Thank you. *hugs*

      Delete
  12. The best cure for life's crappy moments is fabric purchasing and actually sewing. Love your new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there!!! I like your cotton eyelet! I like boot cut jeans....and skinnies now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle. I didn't think I'd like the skinnies, but I do. My buddy was pleasantly surprised!

      Delete
  14. *hugs* I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all of this right now. Fabric (both shopping for and admiring your purchases) really is soothing, though, isn't it? You've made some nice therapy purchases--I'm looking forward to seeing what you make up with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Something about new fabric brings a smile to my face. I've got ideas for that floral print!

      Delete
  15. Go with your gut in regards to being "vexed"! Did you hit Haberman's summer sale for that fabric? Love the floral cotton!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. My gut is saying two things: one is definitely louder than the other.

      I didn't hit Haberman's sale. In fact, I haven't been there in a few months.

      Delete
  16. I'm sorry I have only just found your news - the internet connection here was go slow to no go on the weekend. I'm sorry about the family situation - sometimes there is nothing you can do, heartbreaking and very hard for you. What will this mean for you as time goes on, I wonder? And as for the other VEXATIONS - my empathies. Yes, the world is in a mess - I deduced this about 13 year ago, I predicted some of the things that have since unfolded, not that I am happy about that, or where it is going. Keep stashing and sewing - it is important that you do things you enjoy every day to give you some inner refueling. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh the world is definitely a mess. World events have not made dealing with the personal stuff any easier.

      I don't know what the latest developments mean for me personally. Waiting to see what happens is difficult. I will definitely keep stashing and sewing. =)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it is difficult, and having something you enjoy to focus on will certainly help.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...