This post is two (three?) months in the making! The super-alien-shape-shifting-sewing goddess, who also goes by the name Nakisha at Sew Crafty Chemist, put my name into the ring of bloggers to receive the Sunshine/Shine On award. Awww. Thank you! The award was created to encourage learning more about the bloggers we follow and share with those who follow us. Here are the rules:
- include a photo in a post
- link the person who nominated you
- write 10 facts about yourself
- nominate 10 bloggers
- notify the nominees
1. As an undergraduate, I gave a poster presentation of my research project on Capitol Hill. I met members of Congress from many different states and took pictures with Congress members from my state.
2. I am semi-obsessed with aviation. I've always loved flying and know a lot about how planes operate. Whenever I fly, I try to chat with the pilots. Most have been very willing to talk. I've even been invited to sit in the cockpit of a major airliner. I am considering taking flying lessons and getting a license to fly small aircraft.
3. I prefer not to have carpet in a house/apartment.
4. I played basketball on an intramural team in college. Don't laugh. I actually had a pretty good shot. But my hoop dreams promptly came to an end when in a playoff game, I caught a left elbow across the face trying to rebound and broke my nose. I haven't played basketball since. Instead, I stick to sports less ouchy.
5. I played classical piano from elementary school to high school. I could never read sheet music, though. I would fake it by memorizing the piece. My teacher knew what I was doing because I never looked up from the keys. Hah.
6. I do not like country music. AT ALL.
7. I am one of three people on the planet that thinks cheesecake is DISGUSTING. Don't get me wrong...I like cheese and I love cake. Just not together. I worked in a cheesecake factory for three days and nearly went homicidal.
8. I've never been camping and don't plan on it. I like doing outdoor stuff, but when it gets dark outside, I need four solid walls, a roof, and indoor plumbing.
9. I never walk barefoot - anywhere. Not even in my own house. I have always had a dog and used to live in New York City. Those two things together have cured me of walking barefoot.
10. I am a semi-neat freak. I'm not OCD about it, though. I can leave dishes in the sink for a day or two and not make my bed. But I have to keep the house clean.
We're supposed to nominate 10 bloggers for the award. Seeing as how I'm way late on acknowledging this, I am not sure if my nominees have already been mentioned. In any event, I'd like to share some sun with everyone on my blog roll. I enjoy connecting with sewing peeps and am happy whenever I see new posts.
Up next: I made another jacket. I need to get some pictures for the review. Hopefully I'll get to do it today or tomorrow or Sunday. Maybe Monday. You see where this is going. =)