05 October 2014

October Already?

I know I've been missing in action.  Not much sewing going on here, but lots of stress.  I am determined to get things together and to get back on track.  

In the meantime, I've spent a LOT of time rolling pennies.  Seriously.  I have two very large glass jars of pennies.  I turned in $16 worth of pennies and rolled another $20 yesterday.  I have about $30 or $40 more to go.  

Besides this being a sort-of mindless activity, I am working to clean out my house of stuff.  Old books, clothes I don't wear, and papers that have no use to me are out the door.  I am downsizing quite a bit.

I hope to return to sewing soon.  I signed up for the Curvy Sewing Collective Wrapped Dress Sew Along, but I haven't gotten very far.  I traced and cut out my pattern pieces and that's it.  We have a short break coming up soon; maybe I'll get some sewing done then.

Until next time, peace and blessings.

L

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of pennies! I am glad you are getting the chance to declutter and organize. I'm sure it will set you up to sew great things soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that the stress goes away soon and decluttering is a great stress reliever too.
    I thought I was nearly the only one that roll pennies & other coins. I give them to the kids and of course, they still give me a blank stare when I give them out. ..lol

    Stay strong and look forward to your lastest creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to de-clutter. Wow, that's a lot of pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten very far with the wrap-along yet, either. My mom was up visiting this past week, and the only thing I got done was to cut out my pattern pieces. I did choose the easiest (faux) wrap pattern in my stash to make it easier on myself. I did also manage to cut out the pattern pieces for my daughter's Halloween costume because I was stressing about not having started that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall break! Yay! Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decluttering is good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there L...hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about the stress, multifronted I dare say. Sounds like some time is going into decluttering instead of sewing - which maybe means this declutter is needed :). Sometimes I think we do what our intuition tells us to do, and maybe sewing isn't the right thing until the toss is done. Meanwhile, prep jobs in sewing do help to get the next project started.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll be raring to sew when you are ready for it, L! Purging helps me clear my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping you are enjoying the decluttering...looking forward to seeing your sewing projects in plans or process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is always a lot of work in de-cluttering simply because of the decision making of keeping or getting rid of thing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...