11 January 2015

Perspective

Yes when I came back from traveling, I was pretty sick.  I stayed in the bed for a week, had a fever, and a terrible headache.  But I am much better now.  I'm still blowing my nose and have a cough, but I do not at all feel like I did two weeks ago.

Yes the caregiving situation took a scary turn and is something that I will eventually have to deal with.  The upside is that maybe this is what has to happen for significant change to occur.
Yes I lost my dear furry companion.  I am not certain that this was the right time and I have an enormous amount of remorse and regret.  She may have had another week, month, or year left.  But I will never know and it bothers me deeply.  I miss her a lot.

Typically I look at my birthday as my "new year," but I would be remiss if I did not admit that 2015 didn't get off to a good start.  Despite all the negatives, there are lots of positives and I have to keep those in mind.  My mind tends to dwell on the bad stuff and it's easy to forget all the goodness that exists.

I am always humbled by everyone who stops by to say hello and send prayers and good wishes.  This helps in ways that I find difficult to describe in words. So I will simply say thank you for all of your encouragement and support.  You all are just the best.

I started writing the Barcelona post after I posted about Paris.  I just need to upload some more photos before I publish it.  After that, I will post my 2014 sewing year in review and, hopefully, some comments on a finished project.
Many heartfelt thanks again.
L



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like your perspective is wise. So often what seems to be negative turns out to be a blessing in disguise. So sorry to hear you were under the weather to start out this new year and about your loss. Praying that things will go well for you from this point forward. Your travels looked exciting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna Christina. I'm trying to be patient and accept things as they are. I can only hope that the negatives are indeed future blessings. Prayers and thanks to you my friend. I read your end-of-year blog post a week ago, but have yet to comment. I will soon.

      Delete
  2. I too tend to spiral when bad things are happening. Keep trying to focus on the positive and do/read/watch/eat, Etc things that keep you in a good frame of mind.

    Still sending warm thoughts your way friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes unwind in the worst way. Remember sad face + credit card? Keeping a good frame of mind is key. Thank you again my friend.

      Delete
  3. The fact that you have regrets about your furry friend, and wonder if you could have done more shows that you are a person with a soul and conscience. As do many other things you mention. It is normal to feel down and unhappy with ill health and challenging circumstances - and trying to maintain perspective while acknowledging and honouring your feelings seems a good strategy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you SarahLiz. That is such a sweet thing to say. *deep bow* I can wallow in the doldrums for too long. I am trying to remain positive and look to the bright side.

      Delete
  4. I really wish that I could give you a big in-person hug right now. The worst thing about pets is that they're not with us as long as they should be. I know that when I'm feeling really overwhelmed, it actually helps that I'm working (as are you), since work provides a distraction for 8+ hours a day so that I'm not dwelling on things too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your virtual hug is just as good. =) You're absolutely right: the downside of having a pet is that they aren't around as long as we'd like and no loss is easy. Having this happen on the first day back to work did help provide a distraction so that I'm not home all day thinking about it. Although, I did stay in the house all day on Thursday which was not a good idea. I'm slowly getting used to her not being around. Still hard though.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate and read them all - even if I can not personally respond.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...