I've known this for some time now, but it hit home this past weekend. In May, my 13-year old car stopped working and it's been sitting in my driveway ever since. Why did I hang onto it for so long? I have no idea. I certainly didn't need it. I had no intention of fixing it and I had already bought a new car. It was just sitting there rusting and leaking. Finally, I called the scrap yard on Saturday to haul it away. It was the most freeing thing I've done in a while. It was also an example of how holding onto stuff, things, and people can add unnecessary weight and keep you from recognizing the greatness in you and pursuing better things.
I let something else go today as well, but I won't get into that. Let's just say it was time.
My sewjo is still on the run, but I'm closing in on it. I cut out a skirt and sewed the front seams together. I need to swap out my serger thread so that I can finish the seams together. Hopefully I'll have it done on Friday or Saturday.
Finally, I never blogged or shared pictures of the Simplicity jacket I finished over the summer (S2422). I've worn it a couple of times and really like it. The sleeve bands are a bit tight when I reach forward, but not so much so that it's unwearable. The photo was taken in October. I have to get better at taking pictures; recently my photos are coming out blurry and I need to figure out why.
That's all for now. Until next time, be well!
L
I'm glad you are back on a roll.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you are UN-stuck.... Can't wait to see finished pictures of your new skirt.
ReplyDeleteBecoming Un-Stuck must be in the air. I feel a sense of freedom too. LOL. Your jacket is pretty!
ReplyDeleteyayyyy! for becoming un-stuck! :)Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteHappy for you, hope the streak continues!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are doing well! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the inspiration, I have nominated you for a blog award you can find here at http://farhanasews.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-got-award.html
ReplyDelete