Here we are more than halfway through 2026 and I don't have that much to show.
To date I have completed a grand total of 8 wearable garments, had a fair number of failures, and participated in lots of stress-related fabric buying.
Significant weight gain has made me less interested in sewing clothes. I know, I know: sew for the body you have. I get it. I am working to accept my perimenopausal body and its changes. I admit that it's been hard and I don't always feel the greatest. Adding to that, the home situation is still a steady source of stress and I need to find an alternative; this isn't sustainable and my health is suffering for it.
In an effort to make some positive changes, I started going back to the gym. I also started gardening and have spent a great deal of time in the yard with my plants and wild animals. Despite the back-breaking work, it truly has been something I enjoy. The sights and sounds of nature can be restorative.
Not much going on in these sewing streets. So far, I made:
- two pairs of exercise pants (Jalie Isabelle)
- knit dress (New Look 6683)
- one pair of leggings (McCall's 6404)
- knit top (Simplicity 4020)
- two woven tops (Burda 8-2025-107 & Vogue 9299)
- skirt (McCall's 7906)
Burda 8-2025-107 (top)
Simplicity 4020 (top) & McCall's 7906 (skirt)
This wasn't a planned outfit. I have a few cuts of Ankara wax print and just cut this on a whim. After completing these garments, I got on this orange/white/black kick for a while and pulled fabrics to make a mini collection. Unfortunately, the next three garments I made for this set were fails. Oh well.
Vogue 9299
This is my favorite Vogue top pattern. It still fits (mostly) so I made another version. I added gold buttons because oooh...shiny and also because I have a crapton of these buttons and I should include shiny everywhere.
That's it for an update. I'm working on getting in a better headspace and in better physical health.
As for sewing, I am working on another version of Burda 7827. The fabric I'm using is equal parts great and testing my patience. I am going to keep working on it until I've reached my limit.
After this, I want to make Simplicity 3236. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I've already invested in the fabric and made a muslin. It's happening...
L


Please look into magnesium glycinate. It helps your metabolism and sleep. Calming your nervous system helps to balance hormones. Learn to appreciate the new you and keep on with the activities that enrich your life.
ReplyDeleteI quit celebrating birthdays at age 10. Birthdays are a negative ritual...people in a group/circle chanting with candles....you get the idea... Your body listens to every word you say so speak kindly of, and to, yourself at all times.
Thank you so much. It can sometimes be challenging to maintain focus and optimism and it helps to be reminded. I've heard about magnesium glycinate in passing; I'll definitely look into it. Thank you again.
DeleteEvery day in every way I am getting better and better.....and younger. Mind, body, and spirit.
ReplyDelete